It’s now exactly 3 weeks until Phoenix Comicon, and I’m still not done with all the cosplay stuff I need to do–in fact, my list is growing every day!
I have to:
- finish my husband’s Gaara coat
- work with my husband to make our Sand Village shoes
- make the Gaara vest (and put a pocket inside it for keys/phone/wallet)
- make the Gaara belt and leg strap thingies
- paint Gaara’s symbols on the gourd
- make a belt for my Jedi TARDIS cosplay so I have a place for my lightsaber
- add belt loops to the bag I made for my husband’s Sith Time Lord cosplay (so he has a place for his keys/wallet/phone)
- add a snap on his tunic so it stays flat in front
- maybe make another couple of straps for my Temari obi
I’m sure there are other things I’m forgetting, but those are the major things. So yeah, 3 weeks for that, and I work a lot in those 3 weeks.
I think I can do it. I’m telling myself I can do it. I just need to buckle down & bust my butt. Once I get the Gaara coat and vest done and the Sand Village shoes for our Naruto cosplays, that should be the majority of the sewing stuff. So beyond that it’s little stuff. The painting shouldn’t take too long…the symbols are simple enough, just need to sit down & paint them. That’ll be, what, an hour or so? So yeah, not too bad.
The worst part will probably be making the vest for the Gaara cosplay, because I have no pattern for it. I have to 100% make it up from scratch. And I’m no Project Runway contestant.
I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. (If I make this my mantra, maybe the positive thinking will make it true lol)
Oh…and think up interview questions for any interviews I get with the con guests.
I can do it. I can do it. I can do it……