If the cosplay bug bites, be prepared for possible cosplay addiction.
– watching movies and TV shows and wondering how to make your favorite characters’ outfits
– doing the same thing while reading books and comic books
– scouring thrift stores for cheap clothing you can use or modify to fit your look
– the sudden urge to learn how to sew
– a new appreciation for the Project Runway designers when they have an unconventional materials challenge
– going to the hardware store for costume materials
– looking at everyday objects as potential costume materials
– last minute oh-my-God-it’s-the-day-before-the-con-and-I’m-not-done panic attacks
This of course is not a complete symptom list.
The cure? Sorry, there isn’t one. Have fun making your cosplays and remember: you don’t have to be the same age/height/weight/gender/race/etc as your favorite characters, just a love of dressing up as something you love!
Now for me, back to my designs for this year’s convention!